Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Well, today I read up on Javascript but ran no experiments. I'm comfortable with the language - lots of operations are similar to those in Perl. I have some specific tasks in mind for Javascript: setting the focus to an input field, verifying that text has been entered, and validating text against a format. (All things that can be done natively in HTML 5, since they are so common on the web. I won't need the exact code when the web grows up to HTML 5, but I can use it before then.) I see more reading in the future.

The phone interview with OMB turned out to be not OMB but the contracting company that provides people to OMB. (There are lots of layers in this opportunity.) The job has a number of challenges -- better than the original description. Of the positions I am discussing with folks, this one seems most interesting. The manager I spoke with said he had a few other candidates to interview; I hope to hear something in the next few days.

Tomorrow I have another phone interview with a different company, one a little more local to Baltimore than the OMB. It's a drive, though, not within the transit circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment