Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Back to normal

After the conference, one returns to the normal routine.

I spent a bit of the morning going through contacts from OSCON and connecting with them through LinkedIn and e-mail. One company (Eventbrite) is looking for a Python programmer for San Francisco. I'm not the right person for that slot, since I don't know Python. (Note to self: add Python to the list of tech to learn.)

I met some former co-workers for lunch yesterday. It got me out of the apartment, and away from the computer -- for a short time.

This morning I checked Craigslist and responded to an ad placed by Ukazoo. They ran ads a few months ago, and I responded to them too -- with no response from Ukazoo. I find the position interesting but the ad a little disturbing: it lists "experience 0 to 15 years". I wonder if they are discriminating on age. And with the frequency of ads either they are expanding, or they didn't hire someone, or they cannot hold on to people.

Today I have a phone interview with someone from OMB. Also, I plan to experiment with Javascript.

No comments:

Post a Comment