Thursday, July 9, 2009

Interview!

I interviewed with Tricom today. They are a small company that supplies talent to local government agencies and schools.

I think the interview went well. They seem a decent set of chaps and they have a good process for their interview. The interview consists of three parts: an review of their company, a test for the candidate, and a discussion of the position. They put some thought into each of these parts.

For the test, I picked the SQL database access question. My first through was "Oh this will be hard". After building a small GUI, my second thought was "This isn't so hard". Then moving to the database access, my initial thought was "oh my gosh I have no idea how to do this", quickly replaced with "use the help!". With the on-line Microsoft help, I was able to use a set of classes and methods to extract the desired data. Why does my brain, when confronted with a problem and have no immediate solution, think that I will fail? Has it no confidence in the rest of my brain?

They have some other candidates, and should get back to me next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment