Wednesday, July 22, 2009

OSCON 2009 day 3

I attended several sessions today. First up was Tim O'Reilly's keynote on open source and transparency in government. Then sessions on maintenance and abstractions, private cloud systems, profiling tools for Perl, leading teams, testing web apps, Ruby on Rails 3, and visualizing large data sets.

There were conversations between classes and at lunch. Some even talked about computers and tech! (I think that others, like myself, need to talk about other things to keep from going crazy.)

I ended the day with an informal session held by Yahoo. They are looking to hire people and they presented information about Yahoo -- their internal systems, the skills they look for, and the good (and bad) things about working at Yahoo. I chatted with a few Yahoo-vians (Yahooligans?) and left my contact information.

No comments:

Post a Comment