Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Phone interview with CACI

I had a phone interview with CACI today. This was the second phone interview. The first one was a few weeks ago with the project manager. This one was with a technical lead. He described the work that they do, asked me a few questions about C#, and let me ask a few questions.

The C# questions were fairly easy, although I  stumbled on the "what is the difference between a shared and private assembly?" question. He also asked about PHP, which was not on the original description. I told him a little about my first web app using PHP and MySQL.

I think that the interview went fairly well, but I'm not pinning my hopes on this position. They are migrating a system from C++ (and other languages) to C#. I would rather move to dynamic languages (Python or Ruby).

Their offices are close to a stop on the MARC rail line: about a one mile walk. This is an advantage; I would like a situation where I do not have to drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment