Monday, July 13, 2009

Interview and web pages

I interviewed a recruiter today. (A different one than Friday's interview.) This one also seems a decent person and a capable recruiter. I reiterated my desire to work with smart, creative people. To me, that is more important than a specific technology or location.

This week-end I picked up Dynamic HTML: The Definitive Guide and started reading it. I found the first edition, which is a bit dated now. It talks about IE 4 and Netscape 4 and the proposed HTML 4. A lot of the proposed topics in the book have become standards and I should look into finding the latest edition.

Yet a lot of the book is helpful to me. It has given me a better understanding of the browser and how it has grown from a simple HTML renderer to include style sheets, the DOM, and Javascript. These are the components (along with AJAX and the XmlHttpRequest, which are covered in later editions) that make for dynamic web pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment