Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Networking opportunities

In an earlier post, I said that I would put more effort into networking. I've made some progress.

I have two networking opportunities lined up for this week. First is a meeting of CMAP, the Central Maryland Association of .NET Professionals. (That acronym doesn't look quite right. Where's the ".NET"?) They will have a presentation on the latest version of Silverlight. This will be the first CMAP meeting that I attend.

The second opportunity is a meeting of CALUG, the Columbia Area Lunix User Group. I've attended a few of their meetings and they always have interesting topics. This month's meeting is about GnuPG, the excryption tool for Linux. Previous meetings had presentations on the Google Android phone platform and the KDE desktop manager.

I want to look around for other opportunities, perhaps on a slightly more professional level. The GBTC group (Greater Baltimore Technical Council) may be a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment