Sunday, July 12, 2009

Interview with a recruiter

I interviewed a recruiter from Prism on Friday. They are in Virginia; I am in Baltimore; we met in the middle at Union Station in Washington. They seem a decent bunch of folks. One thing I like about them is their policy of meeting candidates. (Not all recruiters have this policy.)

Prism works with a number of companies and organizations in the Washington area. My impression is that most of their clients are in the defense industry. This is disapppointing, as I am looking for smaller companies.

In other news, I visited the Book Thing on Saturday and wore my "Thorium-Indium-Potassium" t-shirt. It's a good conversation starter, as enough people recognize that the symbols are elements, yet they spell out the word "think". Science and fun, together!

The shirt started a conversation with another visitor to the Book Thing. He's a local engineer and in need of assistance with an MS-Access application he wrote. I didn't have an answer for him immediately but we did exchange cards. And later that day, after some research, I found a possible solution for him and sent him an e-mail.

One never knows when one will meet an opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment