Tuesday, July 21, 2009

OSCON 2009 - days 1 and 2

I've attended some good sessions at OSCON 2009 so far. Yesterday saw sessions for the Google App Engine and iPhone programming. The former lets you create cloud applications; the latter lets you build apps for iPhones. Both are easier than I expected.

Today I was in sessions for Gearman (the remote worker task manager), improving APIs (Damien Conway), and Semantic technologies for storing data.

The best sessions have been lunch and dinner, where I can meet other folks and we can exchange ideas more informally. Today at lunch I chatted with a few folks and one of them showed me a web site that tracks consulting jobs by rate, technology, and location. Very interesting! This kind of information lets one identify the "up and coming" technologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment