Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Javascript and interview

I read more on Javascript this morning. I learned abuot opening new windows and with my new-found knowledge I understand better the problems we had at UPS with the HTML help files generated by RoboHelp. (They would open new windows or replace contents of existing windows, usually when we wanted the other behavior.)

Today's phone interview went well. It was a technical screening interview, to verify that I have the skills that they need. Or to at least get me to the next level of interview. I did better than I thought on the database questions and worse than I thought on the C#/.NET questions. If I pass, I will be invited for an in-person interview.

The person running the Yahoo-like start-up called today, and we have a meeting set for tomorrow. From his explanation, this is a completely new venture - no code or infrastructure exist. No employees, either. I've begun listing the things that they will have to worry about, from development and source code control to production and migration processes. I filled the back of an envelope quickly and I am still thinking of more things. There is quite a lot; fortunately they don't have to be handled all at once. Many items can be deferred; the important thing is to decide which.

No comments:

Post a Comment