Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Job criteria

I'm often asked to describe my ideal position. I look for several things.

First and foremost: smart, creative people. I don't need specific technology

Second: challenging work. I want to contribute and I want to learn new things.

Third: new technology. For me, this would be web technologies, social networks, and mobile app technologies.

Fourth: location. The location tells me the commute and the possible options for the commute. My preference is a location with options for the commute. If I have to drive, then my preference is for a location away from the rush hour traffic.

Fifth: the compensation package. This includes salary, insurance, time off, and retirement package.

Most job boards and recruiters match the technology against current skills, with no thought to the other criteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment