Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The price of driving

The week-end saw many interesting sessions at the science fiction convention. I think many of the ideas will appear in my other blog (Fitzpatrick's Fabulous Future).

Yesterday I took care of a number of housekeeping chores, interviewed a staffing company, and attended a BSD user group and a presentation on packet filtering. The packet filtering presentation had the most technical information, and the most contacts.

The interview went well; we both got a lot of information from it. I have some reservations about the position. It is with a defense agency and a clearance is required, but more than that it means dealing with a large burearcracy again. The location is south of here, and I would have to drive. With the price of gasoline on the rise (and expected to keep rising) I'm not sure that such a position is economical.

Today I meet a former co-worker for lunch, and later check the numbers for the OSCON conference. And perhaps the CPU fan for delilah will arrive! ... But then I still need memory and a hard disk.

No comments:

Post a Comment