Friday, May 15, 2009

No delwood today

I didn't get to //delwood today. I *did* install Apache, PHP, MySQL, and subversion on //grendel. I've configured some of them, but more work is necessary. I expect to have some time for that tomorrow. And time to install Ubuntu 9.04 on //delwood.

I ping'ed recruiters today, to discuss open positions. They have not heard back from the hiring managers. One recruiter indicated that he had not heard anything from the hiring manager, which is a little disappointing (and probably very frustrating for him) as he has several candidates in for several positions. Not answering is less than professional -- not very good. Perhaps an indicator of life at that company?

I took some time and read in the local park today. It was very theraputic. I finished How Would You Move Mount Fuji and got a little further into The Haskell Programming Language. I also read the local papers, looking for opportunities to network. Found a few and noted them.

No comments:

Post a Comment