Friday, September 4, 2009

A phone call with a recruiter

I had a long phone conversation with my recruiter-friend Lynn this morning. She had a possible position; after discussion we determined that it was for Becton-Dickinson. Since I've already been presented there by another recruiter, she can't present me.

Beyond the one position, we talked more about what I am looking for. We talked about technology, we talked about company size, and we talked about culture/personality matches.

Lynn and I agree that the company culture and candidate personality are the primary criteria. A poor match there will result in poor results, regardless of the skills match.

I'm holding out for a position that I want, one where I feel a part of the team and feel that I can contribute. I'm not going to jump at any job that happens to come my way. (As tempting as that is.)

No comments:

Post a Comment