Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A long process for a job

I heard from the staffing company (well, one of the staffing companies) that has been talking about possible positions. If all goes well, I will have a gig in mid-October. This has been a long process -- it started in July.

The position has some interesting challenges with a C++ program that reads spreadsheets, processes data, and writes the results back to spreadsheets. The people seem pretty reasonable too.

The position is in Washington, DC. I can get there via the MARC train and metro. I'm glad that I have kept to my daily routine: get up early, have a small breakfast, and start the day. I've even been walking to Penn Station in the morning and checking the time that I arrive. I could have slacked and slept in late. Had I done so, it would be harder to restart a normal commute.


No comments:

Post a Comment