Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Yet another schema, and results from interview

I worked on the news aggregation web site today. I added advertisements, or rather made changes to the database to support advertisements. I think we're on schema revision 6 now. I should probably stop counting. It's not the number of revisions, it's the end results than count.

Tomorrow I can revise the HTML and PHP to display ads. My idea is to pull them from the database at random, matching advertisement image size.

In other news, I heard from the recruiter about Becton Dickinson. They are going with another candidate, one with more experience in C#. Given their needs, I can understand. The recruiter said that they were willing to bring me on in a later position. I'm not sure if they are sincere or just being nice.

I talked with another staffing company about a position in West Chester PA. The hiring company (ING) wants a person to reverse engineer their annuities modelling sofwtware and remove the third-party library. They want someone who knows C++, annuities, and UML. (And the staffing company is willing to pay a glorious $48/hr on a 1099 basis.) I'm not sure that they will find someone with those skills at that price.

And in other other news, I met some folks at the pool today (of all places) and gave them some business cards. One is in the hotel industry, the other is a waiter here in Baltimore. I gave the waiter a copy of Ubuntu; he said that his Windows had BSOD problems. (And I have the copies of Ubuntu to give away to people!)

No comments:

Post a Comment