Friday, August 14, 2009

More progress with web server

I've made a little more progress with my web server project today. I have successfully added text into the MySQL database and used PHP to read that text when building web pages. This is another step (or maybe set of steps) towards a dynamic web page.

What's interesting is that the text is displayed with all non-US characters. I've been having problems with non-US characters on the items that are supplied by gettext(). I thought the problem was in Apache, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Perhaps the problem is in gettext -- but then PHP and gettext() do the right thing in command-line mode.

This problem is proving to be an interesting puzzle. But I'm not letting it stop me. I can make progress in other areas and keep working on the problem.

Next steps will be to add more data to my database, remove the constant (phony) text in the web page, and demo the results to the client.

No comments:

Post a Comment