Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A fast moving company

Some companies move faster than others.

Most of the recruiters that I deal with work at a certain pace. I've gotten used to this pace. When they have an opportunity, they send an e-mail. I respond with an e-mail. The next day, they might call and we talk about the position. They then contact the hiring company and schedule a phone-screen interview, usually for the next week.

Within the past twenty-four hours, a company has: found my resume, sent me an e-mail (to which I responded), sent a follow-up e-mail, talked with me on the phone, and run through a technical screening interview. They move quickly.

The position sounds challenging, with some work in C++ and C# and some work in web technologies. (They list both ASP.NET and PHP; they may be using different technologies on different projects.) The location is a bit far of a commute (probably at the eighty-minute range) but can be made by train and subway.

I am excited about this opportunity. I may not get it -- they have other candidates -- but I have a chance at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment