Friday, August 21, 2009

Possible job -- oops, no

Accomplished two things this morning: some web site stuff and some recruiter stuff.

I took some screen-shots of the news aggregator web site and sent them off to Ben, my partner-in-crime. I think that the web site is now 'portable', meaning that I can take the laptop computer and bring it to others for a demonstration.

On the recruiting side, I spoke with Lynn E about a position here in town. Lots of skill matches but apparently they insist on Microsoft SQL Server experience. (Possibly for admin or reporting tools.) That's a hole in my skillset and I have no simple way to gain that experience. I have one computer that is capable of running Windows Vista (or Windows 7) but it needs memory, a disk, and most importantly an on-off switch. I can get all of those but I need the on-off switch. I even have the Windows 7 preview disks, so I could install it.

This afternoon I will start reading Understanding the Linux Kernel. It's an O'Reilly book, and I think it will help me on the Linux side of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment