Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Web page, part two

I've made some progress with my web page on Google. This is an interesting exercise: editing a web page inside of a browser, which means using a web page to edit a web page. Describing the activity requires some careful wording, too. One must be careful to distinguish between the web page that is doing the editing and the web page that is being edited.

The Google web page editor isn't really happy with the Opera browser. At least not my version, which is almost but not quite the latest release. (I have version 9.6.3.) With Opera I could add a text box to my web page but only one text box. When I added a second text box, it replaced the first one. I tried Firefox and the web page editor was much happier. (To be fair, the web page editor did give me a warning banner that Opera was not fully supported, and some features might fail.)

So with Firefox, I have set up a conservative web page with four sections that talk about me. (It seemed a safe enough subject.) Next will be to add a picture and change the layout to allow text and picture side by side.

No comments:

Post a Comment