Monday, March 30, 2009

Progress in a few different areas today and this week-end. On Saturday, I attended the local science fiction club's "social night". I met several people and we discussed the normal things at a gathering of science fiction fans: games, computers, and food. There are a couple folks who are "into" computers, and they may be good contacts in my search.

Today I found a local company (very local, as inwalking-distance local) that is looking for a Perl programmer. I sent them my resume with a cover e-mail. No response as yet, but then I sent it mid-afternoon.

I solved a problem on //grendel this afternoon. SuSE Linux would always set the clock improperly on start-up. I traced the problem to the /etc/adjust file. Removing the file should force Linux to create a new default file. The PC started up and kept the right time the one time that I tried it today; let's see what happens tomorrow.

With LDAP I made some progress. I added myself and another (fake) person as users. The next step will be to tie VSFTP into LDAP for authentication. I think I need PAM for that. Time for more reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment