Sunday, June 20, 2010

A step towards the white shiny side of the Force

I installed the Apple OSX development tools this morning. A while back, I had found the "Building Cocoa Applications" book and read through it quickly. The InterfaceBuilder application for OSX development is similar to Microsoft's Visual Studio for Windows development, so I understand a lot of the concepts.

Or so I think. I will test that idea in the next few weeks, as I develop applications for the Macintosh. I'm sticking to the Macintosh and not developing for the iPhone or iPad for two reasons: the "Building Cocoa Applications" book talks only of Macintosh (it was printed prior to the release of the iPhone) and iPhone development requires more tools than the development kit.

For now, I can keep busy and learn new things. And that is enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment