Sunday, June 13, 2010

Lunches and resumes

This week-end I lunched with my former co-worker Larry. He has been working long hours (7 day weeks) for a few months now, to compensate for project under-staffing. Larry is a decent guy and doesn't deserve half the politics that he suffers. Yet with the current job market, he chooses (understandably) to suffer. And he's in a position to shield the folks that work on his team, so he's doing good things for people.

Our lunches were good. It gave Larry the opportunity to vent (something that everyone needs at times) and it also let us discuss possible futures. I tend to be too much of the purist and Larry can help me with his experience and his pragmatism.

As for resumes, I forwarded a the resume of another former co-worker to a respectable recruiter. I feel a bit guilty -- I have had it for a while. I hope that she (the recruiter) can find him a good opportunity.


No comments:

Post a Comment