Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Time constraints on user group meetings

I attended the CMAP meeting last night -- and left early. This was unusual for me. I have attended CMAP meetings for somewhat more than two years, and I have consistently stayed at meetings until their ends. The last event of the meeting is a raffle of prizes.

Last night I made the decision to leave early. I had arrived slightly early to chat with people at the meeting, which for me is the most important part of the meeting. With other tasks pressing on my schedule, I had to leave before the end of the meeting.

The presentation was on Microsoft's MVC Scaffolding, a set of assistants for application development. The speaker knew his material and presented it well. I have no complaint about the material, except perhaps that it doesn't apply to my current assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment