Friday, October 1, 2010

To list on the resume or not

I've been working with Microsoft VBA for Excel. The biggest benefit of this experience has been to refresh myself on the reasons for leaving VBA and using other languages. VBA is this horrid mutation of Visual Basic that loosens data typing, while retaining the frustrating VB6 editor that tries to be smart about syntax. The run-time engine has vague messages that amount to liitle more than "something went wrong".

The question before me is: do I add VBA to my resume? On the positive side, it shows that I have experience with different languages and platforms. On the negative side, someone might actually want me to work on VBA applications.

So perhaps I will, with the condition that jobs that ask for VBA skills get the "special" hourly rate.


No comments:

Post a Comment