Monday, October 11, 2010

At the last CMAP meeting, I picked up a DVD with Microsoft's Visual Studio on it. The DVD has a timed edition, good for 90 days.

So far, I haven't installed it.

I will install it; I want to set up a time to use it. This week is busy for me. Installing the software now would simply mean throwing away one or two precious weeks of available time. Better to wait for a better schedule.

I'm thinking that this is not good for Microsoft. If you want people to try software, you want them to install the software and try it, not delay and worry about maximizing the demo time. Any time that is spent not running the software is... well, not running the software.

Getting back to me...

Perhaps I will install it next week. My week-days are busy, and the long commute takes a good chunk out of the day. Week-ends are better for experiments. This Saturday I will be out of town, attending the Central Pennsylvania Open Source Conference, so Sunday is the earliest day that makes sense.


No comments:

Post a Comment