Thursday, October 15, 2009

Web site demo

I met with Ben today. I showed him the PHPmotion web site. He likes it; PHPmotion has the features that he wants.

Now to get e-mail and DNS working. PHPmotion sends confirmation e-mails to new users. I think that it does things when a user clicks on the registration link. My system does not have DNS or e-mail hooked up, so PHPmotion skips the e-mail and never completes the setup work. The web site for the one user has a few things broken, such as uploading files.

I need to understand e-mail servers and DNS. Maybe I can configure them to be a private network, with no connections to the outside world.


1 comment:

  1. Great post on web site extracting data, with some well thought out points, I use python for simple extracting data, data extraction can be a time consuming process but for larger projects like documents, files, or the web i tried http://www.extractingdata.com which worked great, they build quick custom screen scrapers, extracting data, and data parsing programs

    ReplyDelete