Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Printer yes, scanner no

I worked on hardware today.

I moved the HP Deskjet printer from //desdemona to //grendel. //grendel is becoming quite the server! It now supports, FTP, HTTP, printers, and soon e-mail. Not bad for a ten-year-old Pentium II box. I tested the printing from //desdemona and had no problems.

The other hardware was the Epson Perfection 1200S scanner. I have it attached to //desdemona, through the funny little SCSI adapter card that came with it. //desdemona runs SuSE 11.1 and almost works with the scanner. It sees the little adapter card (I think it is an Adaptec 2904). It has a driver (a few drivers, actually) for the Epson scanner. But it does not recognize the scanner. YAST scans for hardware and reports that there were no scanners found. YAST also won't let me configure the driver - it says that only drivers with devices attached may be configured.

So one victory and one failure.


No comments:

Post a Comment