Monday, June 1, 2009

Interviews, serendipity, and free stuff

The phone screen never happened -- the client has deferred interviews until later in June. It sounds like they are quite busy, and I know how frantic things can be.

I interviewed a staffing company, and that went well. They have a number of opportunities, some north of the city. They sent me some general information and I expect details on positions later this week.

Friday is trash day in the city, and on the way home, I passed a pile of trash with a ViewSonic P815 monitor. It seemed to be in good shape, so I took it home. It does work, as far as I can test it. The monitor powers on and displays the configuration menu. (So the tube and the logic work.) I need a cable to attach it to a PC; this monitor has a detachable VGA cable, which was not included.

Friday evening saw a meeting of the local ACM chapter. I was elected to a member-at-large position. Six months ago I would not have considered running, as I had no time and no confidence in my abilities. Now I think it will be a good way for me to contribute to the ACM and its work with students.

Linkedin has yielded a contact with job opportunities. The person runs a small search firm and has an opportunity somewhere in the state. I have a call scheduled with him this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment