Friday, April 24, 2009

Reviewing experience

I just spoke (well, e-mailed) with a recruiter who asked for more details about my experience with .NET. She needed information to present to a client. I had to provide the details to her. To do that, I had to have the details, which are not on my resume. Nor were they written down anywhere.

The exercise forced me to think, to remember the projects that I had worked on. I wrote a short list, and my immediate thought was "Oh this is not enough". My second thought was "Didn't I work on more than this?". Well, I had worked on more, but I did not have the list immediately available.

Writing the list was a good start. As I wrote the list, I remembered additional items and details. Then I typed the list into an e-mail. This also helped me remember.

In the end, I came up with a good (as in accurate) list. I don't know that it will be enough to impress the client, but it has given me a good list of my accomplishments (in .NET -- I should do the same exercise for Perl and system administration tasks).

No comments:

Post a Comment