Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Today was a day of technical development.

For the past few years, I have avoided Microsoft's WPF and the associated .NET technologies. I would see presentations at user groups and read about it in magazines, but I didn't use it.

I wasn't keen on it. The more I saw of it, the less I liked it. I felt that it was cumbersome and required a lot of typing.

Today, I used it. I used WPF and XAML and a few other things. Invested the entire afternoon building a simple application for Windows. Got the application to work -- or at least perform the basics. It's not fancy, but it gets the job done.

I'm still not impressed with WPF and XAML. Oh, It's better than the previous WinForms, since it transports to web apps. And it's way better than the old MFC applications.

But it still feels clunky. I feel that I am doing too much work, writing too much code.

Perhaps the new world of HTML5 and Javascript is what I am seeking.

No comments:

Post a Comment