Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Professional meeting, Microsoft, and networking

I attended the CMAP meeting last night. I chatted with some folks before the meeting started, and listened to the presentation on Microsoft's "Entity Framework 4". (The previous version was Entity Framework 1"; Microsoft changed to version 4 to match the version number of C# and .NET Framework.

The presentation went at a slow pace, and gave me some time to think about the Baltimore Beehive, the local co-working location. If I get the opportunity to work there (say, one day every other week) I would need a PC. My trusty IBM ThinkPad just died, so it won't be that one. I could replace is, or I could use the Apple MacBook. Or, I could get a tablet, although I think a computer with a keyboard would be better for coding.

A day at the Beehive would also give me the opportunity to network with other folks, perhaps at lunchtime meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment