Monday, August 9, 2010

Some modest progress

I made some progress for the client today. (Well, I like to think that I make progress every day, but today's was worth noting.)

Today I successfully integrated the new XLSX libraries into the existing system and read a Microsoft Excel XLSX spreadsheet. This is a big win for the client, who has wanted this functionality for a long time. (I've been building test cases and support scaffolding, so new features were deferred.)

I also integrated the routines to write an XLSX spreadsheet, and they work... sort of. They create an empty spreadsheet that Microsoft Excel accepts with complaints. I think it is due to the lack of content. I expect to fix that problem tomorrow.

But for a few moments, a little rejoicing. Yay! for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment