Thursday, January 21, 2010

Back to tech

Frustration today.

I have two C++ projects in Visual Studio 2008. They both use a library to read and parse files. (The library is an in-house library, so we have source code and can modify it.)

One project compiles, links, and runs. (And works!)

The other project compiles... but does not link. Visual Studio complains about previously defined globals.

The one difference between the two projects is their source. One was originally built with Visual Studio 6 and converted to version 2008. The other was created in VS 2008. The one that works is the converted one.

I've looked at the project files (which VS 2008 conveniently keeps in XML) and can see no significant differences. I've tried various tricks to get the project to compile, to no avail.

Well, at least I know what I will be doing tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment