Sunday, November 19, 2017

What I learned this week: blockchain and golang flag and WCF headers

Things I learned this week:

I learned how to set headers on a response in Microsoft's WCF. This helps by letting requests that result in web pages appear in browsers, instead of being downloaded as files. Most requests return data, so only a few request types need headers set.

I attended the PSU "distinguished speakers" lecture on BitCoin and blockchain. I have a much better understanding of BitCoin now. Some folks are concerned that BitCoin will have deflationary aspect as there are a finite number. I'm not worried. If BitCoin were the only currency, the concern is valid. We can create other crypto-based currencies (we already have) so the economy is bigger than any one currency.

My progress with the Go programming language continues. This week I added the "flag" package to my virtual processor, to add a command-line option for tracing execution. I was a little disappointed that "flag" doesn't handle non-options (like Ruby's argparse does) but maybe I just need to learn "the Go way" of doing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment