Thursday, April 21, 2011

More cloud stuff

I attended the Capital Area Cloud User Group meeting tonight. (My, that's a lot of syllables!)

This was the group's first meeting at their new location in Rosslyn. I find this location more convenient -- and more spacious. I think that it is a good change for them.

The presentation was on Salesforce.com and some recent changes that improve their web UI. I am impressed with their selection of improvements. One feature (they call it "inline editing") enables the in-form editing of fields without round-trips to the server. (So I infer that they are using AJAX and probably jQuery.) Enabling this feature is easy, much easier than anything I have seen in the Microsoft world. (Yes, you can do it with Microsoft's tech, but it ain't pretty to code.)

No comments:

Post a Comment