Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Experiments with C# and .NET

I've been working with C# and .NET this week. The project is a conversion of the current C++ software to C# and the .NET framework. The first step is a prototype to prove that basic functionality is possible. (And so far, it is.)

I'm actually happy to be working with C#. It's an easier language (and environment) than Visual Studio's C++ side, with better auto-completion and better debugging options. Microsoft has done a good job with C++, but a more complete job with C#.

I won't compare C# to Java, as I have not used Java or Eclipse for quite some time. (Note to self: try out the latest Eclipse.) Comparing C# to C++ finds me at least fifty percent more effective with the former. While C#/.NET is a verbose and long-name environment, Visual Studio helps with most of it. (Although sometimes the auto-completions guesses wrong, which is frustrating.)


No comments:

Post a Comment